We perform endometrial ablation among other treatments for heavy menstrual bleeding.
Possible benefits of endometrial ablation include:
- Quick, one-time treatment
- No hormones, IUDs or incisions
- May improve premenstrual symptoms
- Dramatically decreases bleeding
- Treated lining means less clots, less blood
- Covered by insurance
How does it work?
Your doctor will dilate (open) your cervix and insert a thin, soft wand into the uterus through the vagina and cervix.
The wand opens slightly and generates light and heat for 2 minutes, thinning the lining of the uterus.
The wand closes and is gently removed.
Your provider will discuss with you the details of the treatment, including risks and side effects.