What is Dermaplaning?
One of the least invasive skin exfoliation treatments on the cosmetic market, dermaplaning involves lightly feathering the outermost layers of the skin with a surgical blade. The skin is pulled taut, and care is taken by our medical team to gently scrape only the outer layers so the skin is not cut or nicked.
During dermaplaning, the skin is resurfaced, removing buildup of dead skin cells and leaving smoother, glowing skin. Dermaplaning also removes “peach fuzz” on the face to improve the appearance of the skin, and individuals with mild lines and wrinkles often find their visible signs of aging reduced after dermaplaning treatment.
While dermaplaning can be a standalone treatment, it is also often used in conjunction with other rejuvenation treatments to further improve the skin.
What are the Benefits of Dermaplaning?
There are several treatments on the cosmetic market used to resurface the face, but only dermaplaning provides the following benefits:
- It is non-surgical and non-invasive with no incisions
- Although dermaplaning involves the use of a knife, it is a painless procedure that does not irritate the skin or draw blood
- It requires no downtime, allowing patients to return to normal activities immediately
- Dermaplaning subtly enhances your natural features and improves your skin without looking like you’ve “had work done.”
- This treatment is completely safe, with no side effects or possible complications
Am I a Good Candidate for Dermaplaning?
Men and women who prefer a gentle, subtle exfoliation treatment are generally good candidates for dermaplaning. Those with certain skin infections or conditions may require further evaluation before treatment is approved, and individuals who desire more dramatic results may be advised to seek other alternatives. It will be determined during your consultation with our medical team whether dermaplaning is right for you.
How Long Will My Results Last?
While dermaplaning only provides results for a short amount of time, regular treatments coupled with a good skincare regimen can help maintain your refreshed, glowing skin.